Whether speaking to audiences from the stage, in workshop settings, or through virtual conferences, Rooted's founder, JoAnna, encourages listeners to think deeply and ask questions. They walk away reflecting about the experience and eager to continue the conversation — ready to take action long after her words have faded away.
JoAnna has given keynote presentations, led numerous conference sessions, participated in panel discussions, and held workshops in professional and academic settings.
She also offers expertise as a guest on podcasts and radio shows.
Speaking Appearances Include:
JoAnna is an award-winning public speaker who loves to share her areas of professional experience and personal passion with other people. She is available to speak on a variety of topics, including:
- Sustainable travel (trade or consumer focus)
- The connection between tourism and regenerative practices
- Radical transparency and accountability
- Ethical communications and marketing strategies for tourism industry professionals
- Responsible travel writing and content creation
- Celebrating local communities through storytelling
- Tourism challenges and innovative social solutions
- Tourism as a tool to elevate and amplify women
- The intersection of social impact and sustainable tourism
- Importance of the solutions-focused mindset
- Amplifying community-led solutions in a global-focused world
- Trail tourism
- The importance of asking "why?"
- Applying Peace Corps experience to the "real world"
- Pitching media / selling your story to writers
JoAnna hosted an inspiring workshop on storytelling at Green Destinations’ conference on sustainable tourism practices. In a time of virtual conferences overload, JoAnna managed to captivate the audience and keep their attention to the end. Moreover, JoAnna elegantly pointed everyone’s attention to those questions tourism professionals often avoid by showing the hidden potential and direction when talking, showing, and promoting the world we share. I am truly grateful for the cooperation.
Great overview of critical issues in travel inequity and unsustainable travel practices. Wonderful actionable tips for building back better, moving forward. No shaming, just acknowledgement of how everyone can do better. Knowledgeable presenter with clear, simple language in presenting and great responses to audience questions. Well done, Wanderful and JoAnna!
JoAnna’s presentation was so inspiring. I know the audience would have loved it and taken away some great ideas.
University of Florida
JoAnna brought professionalism and personality to our panel which addressed undergraduate students on sustainable tourism practices as they relate to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Her specific and relevant case studies made the concepts concrete, and I really valued her passion that ignited college students in our challenging online environment. I am grateful to have had her expertise!
JoAnna would love to speak at your next conference,
lead a workshop at your next event, or be a guest on your podcast.
Let's make it happen!